Big Tile Living Large in Style
Posted On January 19, 2016
Porcelain and other types of large tile have shed their reputation as one-color wonders and quickly branched out into the style universe. Whether they are used in a residential or commercial setting, indoors or out, there are some exciting new options available in large-format porcelain tile. Let’s take a look at some of the latest offerings.
Large-format tile tends to measure at larger than a 24 inches. Although there are plenty of square options still on the market, large tile recently has taken on new configurations such as:
Large Format Black and White Square TileLusso 24" x 24"
- Long, thin planks that elongate the appearance of the room. These traditionally are designed to look like hardwood.
- Rectangles that can be installed in intricate patterns for added visual interest.
- Square tiles that come in at 39 inches or bigger.
Previously, large format porcelain tiles consisted of drab earth tones suitable only for boring commercial spaces, but there are a lot of non-traditional styles that are gaining momentum. A few examples include:
Large tile installations can bring an open feel to any space, and are particularly suited for commercial spaces. The smaller number of grout lines also makes for a more continuous and uniform look. Here are some other ways large format porcelain tile may be used:
- Sleek wall material for modern spaces. They may go up to chair-rail height or be installed all the way to the ceiling
- Bathrooms are a popular place to use this tile because of its durability in areas with a lot of moisture. Large tiles look especially great on a shower wall.
- In commercial settings, large tiles are ideal for lobbies, hallways and meeting rooms.
If you like the look of large format tiles and want to discuss how they could work in your next project, give SouthCypress.com a call today to explore the possiblities!